The Coalition for Children, Youth & Families, in partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Children & Families, launched a Recruitment Series in 2017 to provide training and support to Foster Care Coordinators and recruitment teams from counties, private child placing agencies, and Tribes looking to learn recruitment basics and strategies. The Self-paced Recruitment Series is an adaptation of that original series.
The recordings and exercises below have been paired and sectioned into four parts that can be completed in as little as four weeks. This content allows for private, public, and Tribal agencies to have access to on-demand recruitment training that they can complete at their own pace.
Support from FCARC staff is available upon request as individuals work through the curriculum.
- Week 1: Video | Exercises
- Week 2: Video | Exercises
- Week 3: Video | Exercises
- Week 4: Video | Exercises
Please share your feedback about the Self-paced Recruitment Series with us by taking a short survey. Your input is very much appreciated and will be considered as we modify existing resources and create new ones.
Below is a list of past training sessions specifically for workers in the child welfare field.
Upon completing this training, users of PDS Online are encouraged to add it as an external training to their transcripts. Please consult this Knowledge Base user guide for assistance.
Please remind your supervisor to complete the process by approving this external training in PDS Online. Here is a how to guide for supervisors.
- Access to Quality Early Education Providers: YoungStar and Foster Care, May 1, 2016
- Advanced 56: Licensing Violations, April 2013
- Advanced 56: Serious Incident Reporting, March 20, 2015
- Background Checks, January 2012
- Bed Bugs for Child Welfare Professionals, April 1, 2014
- Building Codes & Foster Parent Licensing, December 5, 2014
- Ch. 56: Monitoring and Compliance, November 2019
- Child Development – Infant/Toddler, October 2013
- Foster Parent Support & Development, November 2018
- Levels of Care/Kinship, June 19, 2014
- Placement Stability, January 2012
- Reasonable & Prudent Parenting for Licensed Private Adoption Transition Homes and Licensed Pre-Adoptive Parents Adopting Privately or Internationally
- Rehabilitation Reviews, May 2017
- Toxic Stress, January 2012
- Unpacking the No, September 1, 2014