- LIVE WEBINAR – Attachment Issues: Supporting Parents as Kids Age, Thursday, May 25, 2023, 6pm-8pm
- Families Like Mine Conference, Saturday, June 3, 2023, 8am – 4pm
- Summer Baseball with the Coalition–Join us at a Milwaukee Milkmen/Lake Country Dockhouds Game!, Saturday, July 1, 2023
- LIVE WEBINAR – Erasing the Belonging Gap Within Schools, Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 6pm-8pm
Endless Possibilities Conference: Guiding Families through Challenging Times
August 4 @ 8:00 am - 2:45 pm$40
Keynote Presentation: The Impact of Toxic Stress and Trauma
Dr. Amy Nelson Christensen will provide an overview of the current understanding of a trauma-sensitive school, define what is meant by trauma-sensitive practices, and provide an outline of how families and schools can partner together to create a positive learning environment for all. She will explore the difference between trauma and toxic stress as well as the intersectional issues of students of color who struggle with toxic stress or traumatization and how this relates to special education services.
- Building a Trauma-Sensitive IEP
- (Re)Settling In: Immigrant and Refugee Students and Families in Schools
- How to be Trauma-Informed in a Racialized World
- Making a Pathway that is Eased for Children with Hope and Support
- Homelessness Among Youth
- Life Hurts. Have you Considered Forgiveness?
- Boundaries: Tools to Create a Safer World for Your Child
- Building a Trauma-Sensitive School through Family-School Partnerships
- The Educational Rights of English Learners
*A limited number of Parent Scholarships are available.
Contact WI FACETS for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, (877) 374-0511 or 414-374-4645